The Jamaican Bar Association was formed on the 16th January 1973. It is a voluntary organisation comprised of Attorneys-at-Law called to the Jamaican Bar. The objectives of the Jamaican Bar Association are to:
- Strive for the maintenance and strengthening of the Rule of Law and Human Rights;
- Protect the independence of Judges and Attorneys-at-Law;
- Work towards law reform and the improvement of our legal system;
- Offer service to our system of justice and to those in need or our aid and protection;
- Foster basic and continuing legal education; and
- Promote the integrity and good name of the legal profession in Jamaica.